Monday, November 09, 2015

Thanksgiving Rolls

If you're looking for a good roll recipe, might I suggest this one?

Mom's Rolls at Simply Better at Home
(Or as I think of them "The Best Rolls I've Ever Had"

Last year I decided that I would make these rolls for Thanksgiving.  I'd been eating them for years, courtesy of my friend Heidi, but had never tried to make them on my own. I was a little intimidated, knowing how good they could be, and also knowing how disappointed I'd be if my efforts turned out to be sub-par, but luckily for me, they turned out to be little morsels of deliciousness. Yumma, yumma!



 photo IMG_0206.jpg

 photo IMG_0197.jpg

 photo IMG_0196.jpg

 photo rolls.jpg

And now, in case Heidi should someday take down her blog, I'm going to copy her recipe here, for my own (and possibly your) roll-making convenience:

In a small bowl, combine and then brew until very frothy (usually about 5 minutes:)
1/2 cup warm water
2 Tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar

In a large bowl (like a kitchenaid bowl, perhaps)stir/dissolve:
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup hot water

Add and stir well:
2 t salt
3 eggs
yeast mixture

Mix in (it should still be somewhat sticky and a little lumpy):
5 cups flour

Raise for 1 hour

Punch down and on a floured surface roll out until about 1/3 inch thick rectangle. Brush softened butter on the dough. Cut into triangles and roll from the fat side to the point. Place rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.

Raise for an additional hour.

Bake at 400 for 9-12 minutes.

Total project time: 2.5-3 hours


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...