Sunday, November 16, 2014

Man of the Day

Today is Eric's birthday. Geesh, I love that guy.

Not in a "He's so hot I get weak in the knees whenever I think of him" way (at least, not anymore).

Not that he's not a handsome man--I mean, have you seen his mischievously glinting eyes? Have you seen the way he confidently walks from place to place--having an air about him that doesn't go all the way to "swagger" but definitely carries a hint of  "I'm okay, and so are you" about it? 

Okay, so maybe I do go a little weak in the knees when I think of that. 

Anyway,

Not in a "I don't know how I ever lived without him" way.

More in a "I've gotten so used to having his loyalty, his understanding, and his friendship that I've almost forgotten what it was like before he was around and so I definitely take him for granted much more than I have any right" way.

And in a "I love to add to his happiness, and I love how he takes pleasure and pride in my happiness" way.

And in a "There is no one with whom I relish sharing joys and sorrows, discoveries and confusions, successes and trials more than this man" way.

Geesh, I love that guy.

Eric cheers Heather on at a soccer game in the rain a month or so ago.
Don't even get me started on what a stellar father this guy is. You'd be reading all day.


1 comment:

Carol said...

Eric - Happy birthday to a man among men. Thank you for loving Charlotte the way she deserves. You are both treasures!

Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...