Wednesday, October 15, 2014

sisters sharing spray

So, awhile back, my sister Becca came to stay with us for a few days. She was preceded by her daughter, my niece who is almost exactly one year older than my own daughter, and has long, and I do mean LONG beautiful thick brown hair.

While my niece was here, I had occasion to brush her hair a few times, and to make the job easier, I whipped out my handy bottle of homemade spray-conditioner/detangling concoction. It was a hit--so much of a hit that when Becca arrived, she asked me how I made it. So, I told her.

 photo IMG_8317.jpg
This is the bottle in which I keep our spray. The actual "Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner" was gone long long ago. In fact, to tell you how long ago, I received it as a prize at a baby shower that I attended one fall. The (then unborn) child who was the recipient of that shower is now 21 months old.

We had a great time together, and then, when we'd had all the fun we could have, Becca and family hopped in the car and went home to Arizona.

A few days later, I received this very welcome text from Becca.

Made and used my own detangler on J's hair today. I will NEVER go back! No tears no yelling and it went much quicker. Knew that I would get something more out of visiting with you than just a fabulous few days in Logan!

So, would you like to know how to make your own detangling spray? Get ready--it's pretty tricky.

Step 1: Get a bottle with a sprayer. Personally, I like the trial size bottles as seen above, but any bottle that can spray will do.

Step 2: Fill the bottle about 1/4th to 1/3rd of the way with conditioner, any kind. I usually use Suave, because we're Suave people in our house.

Step 3: Fill the rest of the bottle with water.

Step 4: Shake the bottle.


Enjoy the silence of no-tear hairstying!!






To see what I got out of a visit to Becca's home 
(beyond a fabulous few days in Grand Junction), 
click here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...