Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Exciting!


So, back in February I cut my hair.

Like, cut it shorter than I think I've ever had it since I was a baby.

 photo 2013-10-October.jpg




I'd been thinking about it for awhile, since September or so actually, but decided to wait for the spring because, what kind of an idiot cuts her long hair right before the frigidness of winter?

So, I waited, and then in February I was in Cedar City, telling my sisters about how I was going to cut my hair in the spring and one of my sisters-in-law has a mother who is a licensed beautician and happened to be visiting in Cedar City as well, and one thing led to another, and the next day I was sitting on a kitchen chair, getting my hair chopped off.

I like it. I feel more sassy, more pretty, more spunky. What's not to like about that?

Heather hated it. I knew she would, so I warned her when I went to do it that I'd look different but that it was still me and she shouldn't worry. She did worry, and she actually cried when she first saw me. But, she adjusted, and all is well now.

There was a bit of a learning curve though. I hadn't consistently blow-dried my hair for years and years, and when I first tried it, I decided to follow some advice I'd received and blow dry it with my head upside-down to give it a little bit of body.

Well.

Turns out when you've got thick hair like I do, you have enough natural body that if you decide to blow dry it upside down you end up with Roxanne Ritchie "exciting" hair.

 photo excitinghair.jpg

[Megamind disguised as Bernard is waiting at the restaurant for Roxanne when she arrives late with wind swept hair]
Megamind: Roxanne!
Roxanne Ritchie: I'm sorry I'm late. 
Megamind: Wow, your hair! It looks exciting

So yeah, Eric and I had a good time laughing at that for a bit.

And in case you were wondering-- love, love, LOVE Megamind. Cracks me up every single time.









3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Your hair looks fantastic.

And my favorite Megamind quote: "Cautiously excited!"

(story of my life. I was actually thinking of entitling a blog post that.)

Heather Albee-Scott said...

You look like Juliette Binoche!!

Katie said...

Love the hair and Megamind. Also, Heather is the cutest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...