Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lions near and far, a dream and a few awkward memories




So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have a new seeker of stone lions!

Keith (father of Harmony and father-in-law of Jeff) put me on to these photos last last year, and I'm just now posting them. Apparently his niece has been in Budapest lately and found this gem of a bridge.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Let's get a close-up of one of those lions, shall we?


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Impressive. Honestly, this is one of my favorites. I kinda want to go to Hungary just to see it in person. Oh, who am I kidding? I'd kinda like to go to Hungary with our without the awesomest lion bridge I've ever seen. But now? Ooooh, even more motivation.



Closer to home, here is a driveway lion (probably my favorite "genre" of stone lions) that resides in the same Cedar City neighborhood as one of my brothers. My mom got this one for us, 'cuz Mark isn't exactly an avid reader of the blog--that slacker.

You'll notice that part of the ear on this guy is missing. I like that. Makes me remember the many mailboxes (like four) I've taken out in my time. Makes me remember the night I ran the car into the garage door and had to get my dad out of bed to come look at it (he wasn't pleased). Makes me remember the time I got Eric's car high-centered in his parents driveway when I had only been a member of the family for six weeks. Makes me feel better about my own driving. At least I've never hit a lion, right?


HPIM0354.JPG

2 comments:

Mom C said...

Drove by that neighborhood lion tonight. It has obviously had another misadventure, the whole back of the head is now missing.

Charlotte said...

Oh mom. I've got tears of laughter coming out my eyes now. There's GOTTA be a teenager living there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...