Sunday, May 12, 2013

Heather doesn't have a mom quite like these---but I think she'll survive.

So, Thursday night, Eric comes downstairs to find me sitting at the laptop, crying.

"Are you watching something touching?" he asks, (kind of nervously)

"Yes." I squeak out.

"What is it?" he says.

"(sob.) A commercial."

And then we both burst into laughter at the cliche-ness of it all. 

To quote Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."

Here's the video that had me so emotional:

(The hug at 1.28 basically does me in, and I'm done for for the rest of the spot.)


Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Made me a little teary too. :)

Juliana said...

Oh yeah, thanks so much. Now my mascara is running. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...