Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easter Activities--part 3 of 3 (wonderful)

Easter Sunday dawned bright and early.  Aunt Donna came through once again with a beautiful pink and white Easter dress for the little miss.  In a bit of serendipity, I was able to make an awesome etsy trade the week before, and I scored some super sparkly pink shoes in exchange for some gloves and some dishcloths.  Heather was thrilled, obviously.

 photo IMG_2895.jpg

 photo IMG_2897.jpg





 photo IMG_2900.jpg


 photo IMG_2907.jpg

I told you it was obvious.

Getting on to less secular matters . . .

I'm not exactly sure why (though I have a few theories), but lately I have felt more of a closeness to the Savior, as well as a bit of an urgency to be and do better than I've been and done. I feel more joy in His service than has sometimes been the case, as well as more sorrow/disappointment in myself when I don't align my actions with my true priorities. For me, Easter this year, and the General Conference that followed a week later turned out to be a welcome period of reflection, prayer, and appreciation. I can't adequately express how grateful I am to know Him, to know of Him, to be able to follow Him and to benefit from His great sacrifice.

A few weeks ago, Eric and I were talking about words that were once popular and now aren't ("rad" anyone?), and I mentioned that although it didn't quite fit within that paradigm, the world "wonderful" often bothers me when I read it or hear it--because I feel it is over-used, and also really quite non-descriptive.  I mean, what does "wonderful" even mean?

And yet, on Easter Sunday, I found myself singing the words, "Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me; Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me" and it seemed the perfect word for how I was feeling--absolutely full of wonder. Wonder at all of it, absolutely all of it. I can't adequately express how it felt or feels to know that Jesus Christ loves me individually with a perfect, encouraging, joyous love, nor the absolute certainty I have that if He feels that for me, He feels it for every other human being that has lived or ever will live. I can't express it all--but it feels me with wonder, and for now, that's more than enough for me.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Wonderful. Amen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...