Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm writing this down now so I have proof when she's thirteen.

 photo IMG_2670.jpg

YESTERDAY

SCENE:  Our dining room.  Heather is working on her "church collage", which is the same as a regular collage, but the pictures that are cut out come from old Friend Magazines.  Heather asks for help as to how she might be able to cut some pictures out while they are still in the magazine, and I, in a stroke of mom brilliance carefully remove the pages from the (centerfold) of the magazine, presenting her with a perfect page from which to cut.  Heather is absolutely thrilled with my mad skillz.

Me:  Aren't you glad you have such a cool mom?

Heather:  Yes!  You are cool.  And (in surprise), you're kind of a crafty mom!



Oh yeah baby, I'm cool and crafty.  Does it get any better in mom-land?

* * *

As long as I'm sharing funny Heather conversations, here's another one from yesterday afternoon:

Me:  Heather, would you like some taco soup?
Heather:  No. No. No. No. No.
Me (irritated):  I heard you the first time, you don't need to keep saying it.
Heather:  Oh, I only said it once to you. The other times I was practicing my Spanish. Did you know that saying "No" is Spanish???

(Por Favor!)



2 comments:

kates said...

She is a little treasure, isn't she? Way to be crafty, Charlotte; you're an inspiration to us all!

Mom C said...

Cool, crafty and SMART! to keep a record in her own words. Oh so smart.Si, Si, Si.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...