Monday, January 07, 2013

tidbits

I found this the other day:
Photobucket

At first I was a little concerned that someone in our home would do such a thing.  Then I took a better look at what was really going on, and I realized that someone (a certain three-year old Livvy comes to mind) probably just wanted to make it more convenient for her favorite cat figurine to get a good look out the window.

Really, she was just doing her a favor.
Photobucket



I love holding hands with Heather.  Lucky for me, she loves holding hands with me as well.  Experienced mothers, how long do you think this is going to last?
Photobucket


Heather got this for her birthday way back in September.  It has been one of the top-tier toys since the minute she got it.  I can't really blame her.  I kinda like it myself, you know?
Photobucket

I've started reading my scriptures part in Spanish and part in English lately.  My Spanish has improved (and it needed to improve!), but my scriptural comprehension has gone down.  This may be a short-lived trial.
Photobucket


Eric checked this series out of the library a bit ago.  Heather loves it.
Photobucket



A typical evening in the Cantwell home.
Photobucket


Silly cat.
Photobucket

Love that expression.
quirky 1-13


Heather discovered these tree-pods over the summer and fell in love with them.  I love that, because the same thing happened to me when I was a little girl.  Those hard brown "seeds" are just so deliciously smooth, and when you put a bunch of them together, they make a delightful rattling sound.  Of course she's entranced by them, how could she not be?
Photobucket


I know Christmas is long over now, but I stumbled upon this picture of the view from my kitchen sink, and it brought back such happy memories of doing the dishes in December.  Don't get me wrong--I don't love doing dishes anytime.  However, having a sight like this to look over while doing that chore was just a little bit of Christmas magic for me, and I like having the reminder now.
Photobucket


5 comments:

Jake said...

Jessi still holds hands at 7 1/2

Charlotte said...

Whew!

Deutschlehrer said...

Charlotte,
As a linguist,my advice is to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish parallel with the English. That is, read the Spanish out loud, then read the same passage in English. If you have to, read the Spanish a second time. It is slower, but doing it this way will really improve your spanish, and the multiple readings (and the pondering of the spanish, comparing it to English) will open up new ways of looking at the scriptures, and can be a very spiritual experience. Plus, it is my experience that by Alma or so you probably won't need to look at the English that much anymore.

Jeff

Jamie Younker said...

The second I saw the picture of the car all tied up in the window blinds I knew my daughter had something to do with it. We currently have my little ponies tied up in every set of blinds in the house. That girl's favorite thing to do is tie knots. Lol. I am not sure what to think of it. The only time it drives me nuts is when she ties up our headphones... Or her sisters... Lol.

Aubrey said...

Hey, the pink panther diamond! Glad it's a hit, and of course I hope it's not a weapon of destruction being a good two pounds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...