Friday, December 07, 2012

'Cuz heaven forbid I try my hand at using a sewing machine again!

Eric goes through pants, and specifically pant-knees at breakneck speed.

Is this a man thing?  My brother Mark is the same way.  Honestly I don't understand why this happens.  Eric spends all day either standing behind a counter or sitting at the computer.  Then he comes home, chills with the family, works out sometimes, for which he always changes clothes first, or spends another hour or two sitting in front of a computer.  What's so hard on the jeans about that life?  I have no idea.  And yet, the knees wear out.

Not long ago, as Eric was looking over my crocheted washcloths, he mentioned that they would probably make pretty functional patches for his jeans.  Not the most aesthetically pleasing patches, to be sure, but definitely a little random, and definitely functional.

So, I gave it a try.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bada Bing Bada Boom!
Photobucket

Success!

(The other knee was soon patched as well.  I just didn't get around to taking pictures the second time around.)


2 comments:

Jake said...

You've certainly strayed from the suede elbow patches here.

Charlotte said...

Only Eric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...