Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'd like to give HER nose a tweak!

To get this, you have to think of Disney's Mary Poppins movie specifically the "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" song, and even more specifically, the part where everyone sings "Um diddle diddle diddle Um diddle Eye" many many many times between the verses.

I had introduced Heather to Mary Poppins for the first time earlier in the week.  That point might help a bit in explaining this little snippit:



Heather:  Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE, Um dil-LIE . . .

(You get the idea.)

Me (having listened to Heather sing this same phrase over and over and over again for the past three or four hours and showing my (well-deserved, in my opinion) exasperation):  HEATHER! I really need you to stop singing that song.  It's driving me crazy, and I just can't take it anymore!

Heather (very matter-of-factly):  Mom, I can't.  It's just too much fun.



(I laughed at this, and that laughter bought Heather a few more moments of Um dil-LIE joy.  However, soon even the lift from that laughter wore off, and I enacted a moratorium on singing that song in my presence until bedtime.  It was tough for Heather to choose between quality time with her darling mother and the freedom to sing her favorite song, and she tended to vacilate between us for the rest of the day.)



2 comments:

highdeekay said...

funny. today Eden has been saying Bajio (Bah-hee-oh, Bah-hee-oh) over and over again. Then she said, what does Bajio even mean? I told her I thought it was Spanish. That wasn't enough, I had to google it. I learned it meant lowlands but told her it was like "valley" because I thought I wouldn't have to define valley and would have to define lowlands.

Now she is saying, "we live in Cache Bah-hee-oh, Bah-hee-oh, Bah-hee-oh!" over and over!

so fun...

Scott and Amy said...

We are watching Mary Poppins right now and have been watching it nearly every day for weeks. I KNOW what you mean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...