Monday, August 13, 2012

I love . . .




. . . when Heather's little friends come over and don't realize that I have a name, and they call out,  "HEATHER'S MOM!" when they need something until I appear.

. . . pretending that puppy is a real dog and making him yip and lick Heather's face, causing her to giggle and squirm, which completely undoes all the quiet bedtime singing I've done to get her settled down, but what can I do?  I just can't help myself.

. . . attending our stake baptismal services when we have eight-year olds getting baptized.  I think it's my very very favorite part of being the Primary President. (But really, scrambling to find teacher substitutes at the last minute, or having heart-to-heart talks with 10 and 11-year old boys about reverence are really my favorite part of the job.  HAHAHA!  I'm cracking myself up!  Yet another thing that I love!)

. . . writing silly things here and feeling totally justified because I had the foresight to name the blog "just a little bit of quirky-ness".  Perhaps I should have called it "a whole freaking lot of quirky-ness" though.  Oh well.

. . . seeing Eric walk down the sidewalk, particularly from the back.  His arms swing in this confident, salt-of-the-earth, everyman way, and I just love watching him.  Knowing that he's mine all mine doesn't hurt either.

. . . my solar powered mosaic garden lights-even though after three years, they don't provide any actual light anymore.  I love mosaic things in general, especially bright and sparkly and colorful mosaic things.


Photobucket








I Heart U image courtesy of Doug88888

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...