Monday, August 27, 2012

a trip to gorgeous Tony Grove

For those of you who don't know, I grew up in Southern Utah, Cedar City to be exact.  I have four brothers and one sister, and six years ago we were all spread out all over the country, working, going to school,completing internships, and raising children.  Since then, not one, not two, but three of my brothers have returned home to settle, and my other brother is trying to get his ducks in a row so that he can return as well.

Sometimes, I think about my beloved red canyons, the mountains full of quaking aspens, the general easy-going nature of the local Cedarians, and especially the great family times I'm missing, and I get a little bit wistful.

But most of the time, I feel pretty darn pleased to be living in Cache Valley, where I'm surrounded by gorgeous lakes and wildflowers, more frequent viewing of a greater variety of wildlife (in my experience), locals who are salt-of-the-earth, and most importantly, loads of great Cantwell family gatherings.



Here's a little smidgen of photographic proof:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beverly (Eric's mom) can name every one of these flowers, and every other one pictured in this post.  Next time we do one of these little excursions, I'm taking a notebook along with the camera.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Six years ago, none of these people were in my life.  Now they top my best-loved list.  Lucky.  (Lucky me, I mean!)

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket




6 comments:

Jake said...

I have to admit Logan canyon does have some pretty cool spots. I miss the mountain bike excursions up that canyon. If it weren't for that 11 month winter you guys have up there.

loveland9 said...

Gorgeous pictures! Love the Black Eyed Susans and the Columbines. How lucky to see a moose. That is crazy!

Charlotte said...

Jacob--eleven months MY EYE! It's only nine and a half months, ten tops. Puleeze.

Melissa Corry said...

Looks like a wonderful outing :)

Jake said...

Shoot, you guys just put away the winter clothes a few weeks ago didn't you?

Charlotte said...

What are these "winter clothes" you speak of? We don't put away any clothes. We ALWAYS have easy access to coats, sweaters, long pants, you name it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...