Monday, July 23, 2012

Saturday is a Special Day

I've really been enjoying the summer, especially Saturdays lately.  Many Saturdays we have reunions or trips or family gatherings or our stake pioneer day celebration (pics of that coming soon--I know you can hardly wait!), and those are great fun and enjoyable and I'm grateful for them.  But, there are other Saturdays that are basically free and easy.  On those days, we generally go pick up our Saturday morning veggies, and then we head for the Gardener's Market.  On one such day, Heather and I had made our way to the Gardener's Market, purchased a bag of sugar snap peas, which we were eating like it was kettle corn or something (super-delicious, and I'm not kidding in the least), when Heather decided that her dad needed to join us.  So we called him, he hopped in the car and met us there.

We spent time at the playground, and Eric wandered around and discovered a new addictive cheese-some kind of super-aged Edam that he and Heather can't get enough of, but that doesn't do all that much for me.  Then, we decided to have a stick race down the little stream that runs through the middle of the park.  (Surprisingly my stick won, once both Heather's and Eric's were lost in the mini rapid halfway through the race.)  Then Eric decided he was ready to go home, and Heather and I hung out for a bit more until Heather decided that she was ready to go home too.  I quietly snapped these pictures during that calm little waiting time.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

It was a good day.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...