Friday, June 01, 2012

Today we're stickin around in the West

I've been storing up a few Lions.  Today is the day that they finally see the light of the blog.  Woo-hoo!


This guy was found by Lyn on a recent trip to Denver, Colorado.
lyn, denver, april




This pair was found by Jacob last month in Kingman, Arizona.  I like these particularly because they epitomize to me the whole thing that struck me as odd about stone lions in the first place.  I mean, this is a pretty ordinary house, you know?  It's fine, but it's no mansion.  I like how the residents seem to essentially be saying, "You think that lions can only be owned and shown by the super-rich??  HA!!!  TAKE THAT!!!"
kingman on becca's street (Jake)





Speaking of the super-rich, Lyn found this guy as well, in Las Vegas at Caesar's Palace.  (To be clear, I'm not trying to imply that Lyn is super-rich.  But Caesar sure was!)
lyn las vegas




Here's a three-for-one special courtsey of Harmony (Three lions--two flanking the porch and one at the entrance to the sidewalk).  Taken in May, somewhere in Utah County, I'll wager.
harmony, utah county

3 comments:

Grandpa P said...

OK, where did my blue Nashville ones go?

Charlotte said...

May 4th Elder P.

(I thought they were purple)

Here's the link to the post:
http://charlottelaughs.blogspot.com/2012/05/random-photo-friday-are-those-purple.html

Lyn said...

Lyn wishes she was super rich (or even mildly rich). Then she would have a stone lion (or 4) at her HOUSE. You would obviously be invited to visit it any time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...