Sunday, May 13, 2012

Still on the Wagon--Part one of two

So, remember my new years' resolutions?  How I was going to recommit myself to scripture study?  How I was going to take better care of my body?

Here's an update:

My ward did a big "read the Book of Mormon in 100 days" for the first 100 days of the year, and I joined in with that.  It definitely got me in the habit of reading every day, and I'm glad that I participated.  However, I'm also glad the 100 days are over.  I've found over the years that I get much more out scripture reading when I set aside a certain amount of time to read, and don't worry so much about the number of pages or chapters that I can plow through.  This experience re-confirmed that to me.  So, now that the 100 days are over, I'm setting aside 10 minutes each morning (hopefully at some point that will grow to 15, but for now, I'm just glad it's not zero or five) for scripture study.  I've found that time to be especially helpful since I've started with the whole Primary President thing.  It's like for those few minutes I almost have a direct line with the Lord (not really, but you know what I'm talking about, right?) and I can make sense of situations and issues and concerns that at other times of the day seem to elude me much more.

So basically, things are going well on that front.  I'll take it.  

quirky 5-12


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...