Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Star Gazing--or "I'm so sneaky I amaze even myself"

So, while we were in Disneyland (California Adventure, to be exact), it came about that Krista and I were waiting for our turn to go on the Soarin' over California Ride, fast passes in hand.  We were hanging out on some benches in a low-traffic area outside the ride, watching over all the too-short-to ride kids in our party.

While we were there, this guy who looked very familiar strolled by.  After a double and triple take, both Krista and I agreed that it was none other than Tim Allen (a/k/a in our circle as the voice of BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!!!), accompanied by what I can only assume is his child.

Not wanting to make a scene or bother the guy while he was enjoying some family downtime, but still wanting to document the big moment (as in, the first and probably last time I will be that close to a bona fide movie and television star), I made a big show of having little Rachel mug for the camera, so I could take a picture of Mr. Allen, while appearing like I was taking a picture of my niece.  It went off without a hitch, and I thought I had gotten away perfectly with my secret plan.

That is, until I checked out my picture in zoom mode.

Photobucket
Original size.  Note Rachel playing decoy in the bottom center.  

Photobucket
Zoomed in



So, you think he was on to me?  Yeah, I think so too.


So much for Sly Charlotte.


9 comments:

Heather Albee-Scott said...

That is so cool!!! I love seeing celebrities :)

Jake said...

That picture makes me feel bad for him.

Nate said...

You got photo-bombed by Tim Allen!! Definately Reddit worthy! Awesome.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I imagine he knew what you were doing, but I also imagine he was really happy that you didn't have a freak-out over the whole thing either.

Carol said...

That is hysterical. One of the funniest stories I've heard in a while. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who tries stuff like this!

Bamamoma said...

Having seen you in "sly" mode while taking pictures, I'm not surprised at all. I love his smirk. Classic!

Jake said...

I completely agree with Heidi and laughed when I imagined you in sly mode.

Charlotte said...

I can't imagine what you two are talking about. I'm a "sly" mode ninja. Geesh.

loveland9 said...

That's a crack up. Nice one. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...