Friday, February 24, 2012

my recent life in random sentences and pictures

I've decided I can't pin anything new to my pinterest boards on until I've gone through and cleaned out what I already have there.  Also, I'm not following any boards anymore that have to do with food, unless it's healthy/low-fat food.  My cravings while surfing around on the web have lessened considerably.  Wa-hoo!

Heather told a random stranger at Stake Conference awhile ago that she didn't have any brothers or sisters because her mom was too old to have any more babies.  Nice.  (There's a lot of truth to that when you come down to it, but do we really need to be sharing that information with the world?  The joys of having a three-year old!)















I found DVDs of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency at the library recently, and following the advice of one of you (I can't remember which one, sorry!)  I checked it out.  Love it!  I'm not a big fan of the African chanting -type music that you hear sometimes, but aside from that, I find it everything that I love.  Quirky, suspenseful, good-hearted, funny, clean, and charming.  What could be better?










You'll remember that I'm trying to eat better, right?  Well, have I found a guilt-free treat!  For breakfast at least three or four times a week, I have a bowl of Quick & Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal.  It's basically like minute rice, but for steel cut oats.  I take about 1/4 to 1/3 cup, pour boiling water over it, and let it sit for as long as it takes me to cut up whatever fresh fruit we have on hand.  Sometimes I add a little sugar if the fruit is on the tart side.  The oats are a little crunchy, but that's the way I like them.  It is heaven.  So far I've had it with strawberries, apples (and brown sugar), and mangoes.  I've yet to be disappointed.

If you would have told me twenty  ten  two years ago that oatmeal would be a breakfast treat I would have laughed my teeth out at you.  How things change.

* * *

AND NOW FOR A LITTLE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Midwinter Musical Madness will start next week.  Either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, depending on when I get around to posting again.  So, stay tuned!









 

4 comments:

Harmony said...

Yay for Midwinter Musical Madness! I've been looking forward to it. Bring it on!

amy greenway said...

I love #1 ladies! I may have told you about it. I found it at the library some time ago. Good stuff. I'm glad you like it too because that just makes one more thing on the long list of things that are great about you!

JJ said...

Well, you know, Grandma Corry was in her 40s when she had Aunt Liz. Just sayin'!

I finally gave in and started pinning. Swore I wasn't going to. But if you DO find any healthy recipes, pass them my way! I made some Apricot Almond bars today that are actually pretty good. My kids don't like them much, but they are a quirky combination of apricoty chocolate that I kind of like.

Mom C said...

Oh no! I'm going to Kingman Wednesday to be with Bec, Ryan and family. Hopefully, in the week or so that I'm there a new little girl will join the family. So I hereby relinquish my title and vacate my position as Winner, I'll probably be spending my time playing Smurf, Uno or something fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...