Thursday, January 26, 2012

Being a Mom is the Bomb

(I never used that phrase when it was popular, so I'm using it now?  What's that all about?)



These are a few of my favorite things . . .

Saying "Punch it Chewy!" to Heather as we're making a quick right or left turn onto a busy street.  (gotta love that automatic transmission!)

*

Wrapping Heather up in a big fluffy towel after bathtime, holding her on my lap, and rubbing her all over to help her warm up.

*

Dancing.  Dancing as we clean the house, dancing to get wiggles out in the evening, dancing (chair dancing) in restaurants and dancing (in deserted aisles) in grocery stores.  I used to dream about dancing with my kids long long long before I had any hope of kids.  The reality is everything that I imagined and more.

*

Putting my cold hands on Heather's neck or tummy after I've been out in the cold and saying, Niceandwaaaarm! as she squirms and resists me.  Nothing like a good old-fashioned teasing now than then, huh?

*

Playing you-sing-one-word-I'll-sing-the-next games with Heather as we're running errands in the car.  Our current personal favorite is "Christmas Bells".

*

Cuddling on Heather's bed at the end of the day, singing the requisite two songs, followed by the nightly negotiation for "just one more, mom, please?"

*

The way Heather will come up to me sometimes and say, "You're such a good mom to me."
Does it get any better?


Photobucket

 I think not.









 

1 comment:

Bamamoma said...

NICE!

I do the cold hands thing too. Love it!

You are such a good mom to her! She is right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...