Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Glorious Grand Junction-Part One

Remember how Heather and I took a little jaunt to Grand Junction Colorado to spend some time with my sister a few weeks ago?

This is the first of the posts where I share more pictures of the adventure, with a few salient details.

Detail Number One:  Random events on the way out.

  • Driving along Highway Six, we came upon a huge cattle run, right there on the highway.  Traffic came to a standstill as cows plodded along on one side of the road.  I'm no cowgirl, but I did grow up in Southern Utah, and I have to say, I've never seen that many cows in one place before.  Not something you see every day.  Probably not something I'll ever see again.  


I did not take this picture, but it gives the idea.  This picture is courtesy of nationalgeographic.com

  • We stopped to get gas in Helper Utah.  It's nice, very small little town.  I was surprised to see that they already had their Christmas Decor up on the main drag.  Of course, considering that it was October 27th, and the decorations looked as if they'd seen quite a bit of dust, I'm kind of thinking they might have been up since the previous Christmas.  Kind of fun(ny).




Next Grand Junction post we'll document the fact that we actually were in Grand Junction.  You won't want to miss it.



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...