Friday, October 07, 2011

And it's the documentation of yet another kid craft!

Crocheting aside,  I don't consider myself to be all that crafty.  Maybe that's because I don't sew, and every time I try to paint anything more intricate than a plan background it looks like it was done by a seven-year old.  (An untalented seven-year old at that.)

However, I learned from the play-doh experience that if Heather is doing a craft, I can often get a good 20-40 minutes of mostly uninterrupted cooking time, cleaning time, or accounting time.  For that kind of pay-off, I'll make myself crafty!

So a bit ago, Heather and I ventured into the world of homemade finger paints.  We used this recipe, which I mostly liked, but if we were to do it again, I think I'd skip the dishsoap.  It added a sudsy-ness to the texture that was actully kind of messy, when it all came down to it.  (Does that seem ironic to anyone else?)

And that's pretty much all I have to say about that.  Of course, no blog post about a kid craft would be complete without photos of said kid doing the craft, right?

Right.

Photobucket

Photobucket
That's freezer paper on the table.  

Photobucket

Photobucket
Note the suds.

Photobucket

Photobucket







 

2 comments:

Mom C said...

I remember those days. Dad made that easel, one side chalk board, the other plain. I would thumbtack paper up and you would paint or fingerpaint to your heart's content. I have memories of you in one of Dad's old shirts, dropcloth on the floor in Grandma Willis' house on Roosevelt. These memories may not be reliable because you would only be 2 but we hauled that easel to Georgia and back so hopefully you and some of the others used it. I do remember that the dropcloth also went under the highchair in an effort to save the carpet from all those baby spills. What fun for Heather.

Charlotte said...

I remember that easel! I didn't know dad made it.

Would he like to make another one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...