Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Adventures in the Kitchen

In case you haven't noticed, I've been trying to be more healthy in our foods around here.

To the point that I make my own yogurt weekly.

To the point that I use wheat flour in most of my baking.

To the point that (gasp) we don't keep Diet Pepsi in the house anymore, and instead use the slightly less-caffeinated and significantly less sodiumed Crystal Light Energy powder.

But, I reached my zenith as well as the bottom of my barrel a bit ago, when (following a recipe touted by my cousin Mary Ann),  I made eggplant burgers.

quirky 9-11


The following two pictures pretty much sum up our experience with that.  



Photobucket

Photobucket


Let's just say that it will be a long long long long long long long long long time before another eggplant burger graces a table in our home.

In fairness to Mary Ann, she often posts recipes that I find utterly delicious, which is why I had high hopes for the eggplant burgers.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Roasted Green Cabbage Wedges
Malted Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hummus
Guacamole Hummus




4 comments:

indonesiatooverseas said...

The eggplant burger look delicious, and healthty too. You are a great Mom.

Harmony said...

Thank you for making me laugh (again) Charlotte. Heather's face says it all!

Tasha said...

I have tried and tried to like eggplant. I REALLY want to like it. It's pretty and looks amazing in all the recipes I've seen. However, it has demoted itself to the ONLY vegetable I don't like. I can't eat it at all. So maybe there's a little shared genetic factor going there. :)

Jake said...

I don't know about this. Are you sure you don't own a pair of Vibrams?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...