Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Organic and Locally Grown!

Photobucket


Welcome to my atypically sparse (word-wise) review of the San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers Market.  


I wonder if Californians leave citrus in unlocked cars the way the rest of us leave zucchini?
(Could anyone be so lucky?)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Eric weighs the merits of various citrus, in the search for the perfect pomelo.

Photobucket



Photobucket

I like the Pineapple in the back.  They look like little spiky bushes, adding a nice contrast to the roundness and sameness of all these apples.


Photobucket
Photobucket

My interpretation of this (in my opinion, pretentious) breakfast/brunch menu:

Fried Eggs on Bread
Oatmeal
Yogurt 
Toast
Scrambled Eggs 
(Or are they eggs with crossword letters printed on them?  Either way, the word is misspelled.)
Coffee
Asian Tomato Juice Cocktail
Lemonade with  a completely pure sprig of herb in the glass
Lemonade with a regular old pesticide-ridden strawberries inside
O.J.


My mocking of the menu notwithstanding, the market continues to be one of my favorite things that we do in San Francisco.  I love the atmosphere, I love the people watching, I love the food.  I especially love the opportunity to experience something very different from what I experience at home.  Between the seven different kinds of oranges, and the chocolate bars spiked with Habanero chilies, I definitely got that.  







1 comment:

John said...

I know a lot of folks who don’t eat eggs (they’re allergic, for health reasons, or concerns about animal cruelty). Here’s an awesome site that gives tips on cooking and baking without eggs: http://EggFreeLiving.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...