Monday, May 09, 2011

bonding with strangers

Speaking of San Francisco (again), here's a picture I took while we were hunting for the now-beloved Gold Mountain Restaurant.  We were on a corner, waiting for the light to change, and I looked up and saw this delightful scene.  I have a thing for laundry hanging out of windows.  I have no idea why. I also have a thing for murals on the sides of buildings.  The intersection of the two was more than I could take, and I couldn't resist snapping a shot. 

While I was busy snapping, I overheard a father (visiting from New York, judging from his accent) and his two young boys.  The boys were looking down the street, to an area that was quite a bit more seedy than where we were at the moment.  "Look Dad!" they cried, "Free breakfast over there!"

The father looked down the street, saw the sign that advertised a topless girl show, which included breakfast with your admission, and said, with an oh-brother-what-am-I-in-for-on-this-trip look on his face, "Umm, no boys, we won't be having breakfast there."

I started laughing, made eye contact with the father, and we shared a little tourist moment.  It was awesome. 

Photobucket



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...