Friday, March 25, 2011

see how I am?

quirky 3-11



LAST NIGHT, 9:45 p.m. 


SCENE:  THE LIVING ROOM

Charlotte and Eric are kneeling by the couch, getting ready for their evening prayer.  (This generally doesn't happen until at least 10 or 10:30 p.m., but Charlotte has her early-morning-work-out-of-death-class on Friday mornings, so she goes to bed a little earlier than normal on Thursday night.)

CHARLOTTE (snuggling up to Eric endearingly):  You know, I hear it's supposed to be nice this weekend.  Maybe you'll be able to get the shed door fixed, huh?

ERIC (confused):  What?  It's not supposed to be nice this weekend, it's supposed to snow!  Actually, they say it will probably be bad weather for all of next week!

CHARLOTTE (a little deflated):  Oh.  Well, I didn't really even check to see how it would be this weekend.  I just said that so I could talk about the shed.

Eric sighs.

END SCENE

(In case you were wondering, once I learned about the weather report, I withdrew my request/demand that Eric fix the shed this weekend.  I know, amazingly magnanimous of me.)







Shed image courtesy of ollielowe

1 comment:

Bamamoma said...

Tuesday - sunny and in the 50s! Go Eric, Go! You can do it!

Didn't your dad fix the shed door?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...