Friday, March 18, 2011

Saving Paper

I'm trying a new thing.  We'll see how it works.  See, it seems that I keep finding great tips on-line for how to do things.  New recipes, patterns, tutorials, you get the idea.  The best ones, I print out, and file them away in a binder, most likely never to be seen again.  This wastes resources AND adds yet another binder full of stuff to my collection, thus providing another adversary in my war against the clutter of my home.


(And yes, it is a war.  If you lived with Eric Cantwell, and were a reformed pack-rat yourself, you would consider it a war as well.)

So, for a little while, I'm going to try posting links to my favorite helps here on the blog from time to time.  That way I can find them from anywhere, and they aren't taking up any space in my home at all.  Of course, there's always the chance that if I do want to use the tips at some point, the link won't work anymore.  That's a risk I'm willing to take.   After all, any war sustains casualties.  Why should my confrontation with clutter be any different?

So, without any more explanation (because if I feel like I need to write an explanation every time I do this, it's going to take more time, and that will be frustrating to me, so that I might end up deciding not to do this at all, which will put me right back where I started), here's a collection of what I've found lately:

Growth Chart at RACKS and Mooby:























Cheap Wall Art from My Pretties






















Homemade (with only 3 ingredients!) Three Musketeers Bars from Monster Mama






















Rainbow Cupcakes from Family Fun



















Fingerless Gloves from Pondered In My Heart













(this one I actually did print out and put with my crochet patterns.  But, it never hurts to have a back-up!)


























Garden Planter Boxes from Thrify 101





















Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from Reenie Jae Creations
(I'm always on the lookout for a good Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, and this girl says these are the best.  Time will tell.)























Clothing Labels from Running with Scissors


















3 comments:

Melissa @ Happy Quilting said...

You know you can buy a bag of 3 Musketeers for pretty cheap.

Melissa @ Happy Quilting said...

sorry that was Jacob

Charlotte said...

Yes--but with these I can be IMPRESSIVE. Who wants cheap and easy when you can be expensive and IMPRESSIVE?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...