Sunday, February 13, 2011

A gift from Philly




I love this. 

It's absolutely worth the six minutes of time I invested to watch it.

And really, we all know that "Hallelujah" isn't just for Christmas, right?

(I know some of you aren't so much into classical music, but give it a shot, won't you?  I think you'll like it.  It's beautiful, and empowering, and has restored some of my hope in Americans and chased out some of my cynicism.)


Watch for the cute high school boys around 2:11.  I haven't decided for certain, but I think they're my favorite part.  The little girl at 4:06 gives those boys a run for their money though.  



2 comments:

Bamamoma said...

Eden was transfixed the first time she saw this (last Dec.). LOVE IT!

Amy said...

I don't know how the people that were there to witness that aren't crying! I get teary eyed every time I watch one of these. But to actually be there would send me into crying hysterics, I can guarantee it!

Did you read the article in the Ensign that talked about Handel's experience writing this? I think that's part of what gets me so emotional.

What a great start to Valentine's Day-to be reminded of the glory and love of our Savior. Thanks Charlotte!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...