For example, remember my cousin, George?
He's the guy who can take wood shavings and turn them into gasoline.
He's also the guy who has his own wikipedia page.
But, this post is not about George. Rather, it is about the best choice George ever made (in my opinion). Yes friends, I'm talking about George's wife Leslie.
Leslie, in addition to being a delightful mother of four, is also a professional genealogist, freelance writer, and speaker. Additionally, as of last August, Leslie is a published author of a delightful book that is a true story of Leslie's ancestors and their immigration experiences. The cool thing about her book though is that although it's a true story, it reads like a novel. Nice.
Anyway, Leslie has left her home in Massachusetts for a few days and is touring around Utah, giving lectures, signing books, and sharing tips and stories. Just for fun, I thought I'd post her schedule here so that if you're free and want to meet her, you can. Feel free to share this info with any others who have interest in this sort of thing, it's sure to be worthwhile.
So, with no further explanation, I give you:
THE LESLIE ALBRECHT HUBER ROCKS THE HOUSE IN UTAH TOUR
(Title of tour by yours truly, so don't blame Leslie, okay?)
- Tuesday, March 1, 2011 Seagull Bookstore, Tues 4-6 p.m., Provo, UT, 2250 North University Pkwy #C56, book signing.
- Tuesday, March 1, 2011 Book Presentation, Provo City Library at Academy Square, in the Bullock Room on the 3rd floor of the Academy Building, Tues, 7 p.m., 550 North University Parkway, Provo, UT, The lecture is free and open to the public: The Journey Takers: An Inside Look at the LDS Immigration Experience
- Wednesday, March 2, 2011 Monthly Meeting, Cache County Historical Society, Wed, 7 p.m., Historic County Courthouse, 199 North Main Street, Logan, UT, The lecture is free and open to the public. The Journey Takers: An Inside Look at the LDS Immigration Experience
- Thursday, March 3, 2011 Seagull Bookstore, Thurs, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 1114 North Main Street, Logan, UT, book signing: The Journey Takers
- Thursday, March 3, 2011 Seagull Bookstore, Thurs, 4-6 p.m., 514 N 325 East, Harrisville, UT, book signing: The Journey Takers
- Thursday, March 3 2011 Ogden Family History Center, Thurs 7 p.m., 539 24th Street, Ogden, UT The lecture is free and open to the public. The Journey Takers: An Inside Look at the LDS Immigration Experience
- Friday, March 4, 2011 Seagull Bookstore, Fri, 2-4 p.m., 1625 West 9000 South, West Jordan, UT, book signing.
- Friday, March 4, 2011 Utah Genealogical Association, Fri, 7 p.m., location to be determined, Salt Lake City, Utah. The lecture is free and open to the public. The Journey Takers: An Inside Look at the Immigration Experience
- Saturday, March 5, 2011 South Davis Regional Family History Fair, Sat, Bountiful High School, Bountiful, UT, The conference and lectures are free and open to public (onsite registration required). Lectures and book signing:9:20: The Journey Takers
10:40: Eight Ways to Cross the Ocean
12:00: Writing a Page-Turning (But True) Family History
Book signing: 1:10 p.m. at the Family Roots Publishing booth
- Saturday, March 5, 2011 Seagull Bookstore, Sat, 5-7 p.m., 316 North Marketplace Dr. Suite C-100, Centerville, UT, book signing.
See y'all there!
(unless we miss each other, I guess.)
5 points for the name of the song
2 points for the musical
other points awarded by whim