Friday, November 05, 2010

a journey that you'll be sorry to miss--trust me.

Okay--this guy has taken Lion-spotting to a whole new level.

Nathan, (who lives in Vernal, but grew up in Cedar City and has the distinction of going straight from beginning band to honor band in middle school and is the younger brother of the guy who took me to my Junior Prom) has gone to great lengths to find a stone lion in his community, and has documented the entire process here

Seriously, you don't want to miss it.

Here's a teaser photo:

quirky 11-10





I'll add his lion photos to the collection after the weekend is over.  I want to give you all a chance to read his story first, because it cracked me up, and I'm all about sharing crack-up love, you know?


UPDATE:

Okay, here are the photos for those of you who were too lazy to make that extra click:

Photobucket
This is not actually a stone lion, but it's close enough.  Taken in Lagoon Amusement Park, Farmington (right?  Isn't Lagoon technically in Farmington?), Utah



Photobucket
Lions in Fort Duchesne, Utah


Photobucket
Close-up of Fort Duchesne Lion


Photobucket
Close-up of other Fort Duchesne Lion



Photobucket
Random Driveway, Vernal, Utah.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Honestly, how do you remember that I went straight from beginning band to honor band? I barely remember that.

Charlotte said...

You left a comment on the post I wrote about Mr. Wright. For some reason, it stuck in my head.

Plus, I'm jealous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...