Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the shoes have nothing to do with the post

quirky 9-10


This is another one of those, "I don't have anything in mind, but I feel like writing, so I'm going to write" posts.

I used to do these kinds of posts all the time, but over the past year or so I've been transitioning into a new way. Now, when a blogging idea comes to me, I write it down, and then when have time to blog, I have a ready-made list of topics just waiting for my own personal elaboration.

Things are more efficient that way, and the fact is, I need efficiency now more than I ever have at any other time in my life (Except for maybe high school. Man, was I ever busy in high school!). All the same, this way is a little more spontaneous, and sometimes I like that a little more.

So, now that I've written half a post on the fact that I don't really know what I'm going to write about, I suppose it's time to get going on the actual writing, don't you think?

* * *

Tonight, I have nothing planned. I love nights like this.

I love going home,

Making a simple dinner,

(Tonight we're going to have fish taco salad. We would be having fish tacos, but we're out of tortillas, and I'm not up for another grocery store trip today.)

Playing around in the living room with Heather,

(Lately she's started this new game called "Back". Basically, she says "Back?" to me, and I lie down on the floor, and she climbs on to my back and jumps on to the floor. Chiropractors would cringe, but I'm all for it. Heather gets to get rid of her pre-bedtime energy, and I get to lie on the floor. Could it be any better?)

Putting her Little Highness to Bed, and spending an hour or two with just Eric.

Sometimes we talk, and sometimes we just hang out in the living room, him on the computer and me on the couch with a skein of yarn and a crochet hook. Currently I'm in slipper mode (Did you read that, Melissa? I'm finally working on your other pair of slippers!), and Eric is learning the intricacies of Javascript slide shows or something like that.

As if that wasn't enough to anticipate, I went to pick up the mail today and found that our Netflix has arrived. Our last movie was Coco before Chanel (a movie that I found interesting, but I can't in good conscience recommend), but today we're back to my beloved Monk. Ahh, what could be better?



Random Image (which I found by going to flickr.com and typing in "A Quiet Evening at Home" in the Search Box) found here.

4 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

I did read that :)

Bamamoma said...

Ah man, I have a ton of tortillas and thought today, "I should freeze half of these before they start growing stuff" I totally could have sent some home with her Highness. Do you want me to bring some tomorrow? Just say the word (or text the word as the case may be).

Harmony said...

What's so great about Monk? Just curious. I'm always up for a good Netflix recommendation.

Charlotte said...

Heidi--we're good. I wrote that post yesterday at lunch, so the fish salad is all gone. It was good though. Tonight it's brocoli soup!

Harmony--Monk is clean and I think it's hilarious. Monk is brilliant in the way he solves crime but his OCD-ness makes me chuckle all the time.

(Eric's not as big of fan as I am--why I just can't imagine.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...