Friday, August 20, 2010

passport not necessary

quirky 8-10


So, remember back about 3 months ago, when I wrote that I was reading and enjoying The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and Carol left this comment?


Blogger Carol said...

If you get a chance, I highly recommend listening to the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society book on CD. It is a lovely listen and easily transports away from current day. It is a bit like a vacation from our time!

11:24 AM



Well, as soon as she made that recommendation, I immediately put myself on the queue for the sound recording at my local library. My number came up this week, and I've been listening to it in the car for two days now.

Carol is absolutely right! Not only is it a vacation from our time, I feel like I'm gallivanting through the English countryside every time I turn on the car. What a treat!

Thanks Carol!







1 comment:

Carol said...

Charlotta -

I am so glad you are enjoying the book!! It is such a favorite of mine, that I am considering subjecting my family to it on our road trip next week. It should be fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...