Saturday, July 24, 2010

Team Sokka

Today we spent the day attending a Cantwell Family Reunion. There was great food, and displays of artifacts from people I've only heard about (because they died years and years ago), and a water slide and a fishing pond and some really cool soda bottle/bike tube/pvc pipe rocket launchers, and as is always the case in a Cantwell gathering, lots and lots of chatting. We commiserated with Leslie and Jake over the fact that the Last Airbender movie has received such bad reviews, and how disappointed we are that such a great series has met such an anticlimactic end (if it is, in fact the end, of which we are not convinced). Then we proceeded to review our favorite characters (mine is Sakka) and favorite episodes (mine is the one where they attend the play about themselves). Good times.





Then we came home and lazed around while Heather took her nap. My mom's in town, and I helped her set up a blog for her upcoming school board re-election campaign. Once it's all live and ready to go, I'll probably share the link here. I know, you can barely contain the excitement. I mean, really, what's more pressing than the make-up of the Iron County School Board? Anything? I thought not.

Then I made hummus and flatbread (for a change). Mom had spent the morning deep cleaning our kitchen, much to my joy and a little bit to my embarrassment (but only a little bit). Working in that kitchen was an absolute dream.

All in all, a good day.





1 comment:

Heather Albee-Scott said...

Steve and Soph watched the animated series - I did not, but I LOVED the movie! Who cares what the critics say, it was entertaining and I can't wait for the sequels.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...