Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lions, Lions, Lions and LIONS!

I think we may need to count Kristi Bell as our most dedicated member of the United Seekers of Stone Lions. She went all the way to Europe to get these babies!

These all taken in Florence, Italy:
florence

florence

florence

florence



Let's get a closer look at those guys:
florence

florence




Here's one in Lucerne, Switzerland:
lucerne switzerland





(Same lion below--did you realize he was so high? I didn't.)
lucerne switzerland





Another Lucerne Resident. I think this is my favorite of the bunch.
lucerne switzerland




Thanks Kristi!




4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh Charlotte! I saw the greatest lions in Salt Lake when I was visiting my parents (my mom was actually the one who told me about them) and I thought of you, but I didn't have my camera. So- When I go down there on the 7th I'll be sure to get a picture! :)

corrie said...

Oh! I am impressed. I've got a Canadian one for you. If I can just get around to downloading it from my camera. Summer lazies have got me good.

Carol said...

I love the last lion in this photo essay. As you know, it is located in Lucerne. When I first saw a photo of this lion and heard the story, I was just drawn to it. This lion is a monument to the Swiss soldiers who died protecting the French Royalty during the French Revolution in 1792. Nearly 1/2 of the Swiss soldiers who were protecting the French Royalty died. The other heartbreak is that this monument was erected by a soldier who was on leave at home in Lucerne when his fellow soldiers were killed.

There is just something about this story that warms my heart and makes me want to go see that lion in person! I am jealous that Kristi got to go!

amy greenway said...

I love it! The 5th one down looks like it's smiling with buck teeth and has quite the boufant hair style. And I think the Lucerne lion might have rigor mortis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...