Thursday, July 29, 2010

I've already checked the dollar store. No luck.

So, just around a year ago, I got involved with Etsy.com

A little less than a year ago, I participated in my first ever trade event, met some really great people, and made what is still probably my favorite trade ever.

I traded a scrap yarn afghan and a baby jacket for this handbag.
quirky 7-10

I love it. It's leather, it's lined, it's got a hand beaded butterfly. It's expensive, as high quality merchandise tends to be. I could never justify spending the money to purchase something like this, at least not for the foreseeable future. In fact, when the owner of the store and I were working out the trade, I remember feeling a little weird about it, since I was (and still am) more in "diaper bag" mode than "beautiful handbag" mode. I wondered if it would live its life on the top shelf of our bedroom closet, and never see the light of day, or the bright lights of night.

I need not have worried. The fact is, my little purse makes a near-perfect opera bag. It fits a wallet, a pair of binoculars, and a set of keys just perfectly. Add the fact that it looks stylish and I feel stylish when I'm carrying it, and it's just all around awesome.

There is a problem though. It turns out I'm not the only one who likes my little bag.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Something tells me I'm going to have to get creative about this, and soon.



1 comment:

CraftyCyndi said...

I have lost many purses to my sweet little girl as well. I make them, she thieves them; I feel your agony. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...