Friday, June 25, 2010

as long as you're waiting for that delightful post . . .

I love, love, love this video.



I love the music, I love the dancing. I especially love the way the two combine to bring back a million great memories that I have of twirling around in my own living room*. I especially especially love the way the music and dancing and memories combine to give me about a million hopes for my own little family, the memories that we are making now and will continue to make together.

Not bad for four minutes and twenty-nine seconds.





*Sometimes that twirling turned into jumping and leaping, and the coercing of little brothers and sister to join in. That is why the light fixtures in the family room (which, in my parents house, is situated directly below the living room, which was where the stereo was, which was why we did all our dancing there) continually had shorts in them and burned through light bulbs at a speed that made my father growl and say, "You kids!".

Seriously, what an awesome memory!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Well you made me cry for the day. That was beautiful, and I love the song as well.

Jeri said...

that made me dizzy just watching her spin for 4 minutes... (I kept telling her - "unwind... spin the other way..." she never listened:)

PS - I can TOTALLY see you doing this... for MORE than 4 minutes!

Charlotte said...

Those two comments totally personify each of you to me.

And make me miss you both all the more.

:)

Bamamoma said...

I seem to recall some twirling that involved coercing roommates and neighbors (Dillon comes to mind), not just little brothers!

And now, our girls twirl for us!

Robert said...

I watched for about a minute then fast forwarded to see if anything more than spinning happened.

Am I personified now too? :)

And since I know you will now be missing me immensely, just remember I'll see you in a little more than a week.

Charlotte said...

@Robert--personified and then some.

What I really want to know is--did Jacob cry? My initial guess is no, but considering the soft spot he has for his little Cinderellas, I wouldn't be surprised.

@Heidi--Dillon, Peachie, Eric, did I miss any? What about Yon Mi? Good times. All in preparation for our own twirlers I guess.

THE RHOADES said...

Simply beautiful!!! Mind if I steal this for my blog? ohhh to be little!

Charlotte said...

Steal away Andrea. Anything I post is fair game for you, anytime.

Natasha said...

What a great song and I love the twirling. When I would pick out dresses/skirts I had to make sure they passed the "twirl test" first. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...