Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Turns out, the primary kids ARE clutch players

(I hope I'm using that phrase correctly. If I'm not, one of my sports minded brothers is sure to correct me soon--so we'll all be watching the comments for that.)

So, a quick recap--

Mothers Day Eve was glorious.

Mothers Day was fun as well. "My" Primary kids came through gloriously, even singing loudly enough that the people sitting in the folding chairs in the back told me they could hear. It's always nice (and often rare) when that happens. We dined on leftover Indian food for lunch, and spent some quality family time with Eric's parents and brother (and his family) for dinner. All in all a lovely day.

We'll skip Monday and Tuesday, because they were days of rain and gloom.

Tuesday night we got a special treat. My mom had meetings in Salt Lake yesterday afternoon, and has them again on Friday. So, rather than spending the extra 7-8 hours on I-15 (round trip) to make the drive back to Cedar, she chose to spend 3 hours on I-15 and US 89 (round trip) and play for a few days with us instead. We have a nice-ish air mattress, but it is still an air mattress, when all is said and done. So, I'm grateful that's she's willing to rough it here.

quirky 5-10
(Admit it, this picture has you dreaming about your next romantic getaway at Hotel E.C. Cantwell.)



We've had lovely chats, and good laughs, and Heather is loving the extra attention she's getting. (Not that Her Little Highness needs any extra attention. She only has a mother, father, and local grandparents who dote on her every whim already. What a life!)


In other news, I finished The Undaunted Monday night and started The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on Tuesday. So far (about 50 pages into the Guernsey book) I can wholeheartedly recommend both.


And there you have it.



(To find out more about The Undaunted go here.)
(To find out more about
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, go here.)
(To find out more about our awesome air mattress go here.)



(None of these are paid advertisements, in case you're wondering.)

(If you're a representative of either of these books, or the Intex Mattress company and you want to pay me, I won't turn you down.)

6 comments:

Kami Willis said...

We love the Intex air mattresses. We have several of them scattered around. The cabin, 5th wheel, home, etc. Love the built in pump and higher height. They are so much more comfortable than a hide-a-bed.

Tasha said...

I LOVED the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - the the love grew as I read the book.

Heather Albee-Scott said...

I loved the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society!!

Jake said...

I guess you could call them clutch if you believe your backs were up against the wall and all the chips were in

Bamamoma said...

So glad your mom is there with you! Moms are the great clutch players in my book!

love you!

Carol said...

If you get a chance, I highly recommend listening to the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society book on CD. It is a lovely listen and easily transports away from current day. It is a bit like a vacation from our time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...