Thursday, May 06, 2010

Sorry Harmony

On and off for the past year or so, I've been listening to books on tape as I run around town in the trusty RAV, rather than listening to the radio or music CDs. A few weeks ago it was The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (of the Traveling Pants), which was followed by The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, (yes, I know I listened to those in the wrong order. What'cha gonna do about it?) which was interrupted when I finally rose to the top of the library queue for Hunger Games. After finishing that, I picked up with the Sisterhood where I left off, and just finished that up a few days ago. Tuesday I was able to make a quick stop and the library, and I picked up The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder. If I remember right, that book was one of my favorite of the Little House series when I read them all in my schoolgirl days.

I've been listening to it for two days now, and right now, as I look out my beautiful bay window, It's snowing.

quirky 5-10

Coincidence?

I think not!!






The title is a total semi-lame inside joke, but I'll let you in on it, since I hate the feeling of left-outedness that I get when people make inside jokes in my presence. So, go here, read the post that my friend Harmony wrote on May 4 (it's short, so don't be afraid), and this title will all make sense. Aren't you glad to be in the loop?

3 comments:

Harmony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harmony said...

Well! If you are saying this weather is all your fault, I'll accept your apology--on the condition that you find a warmer book soon! May I suggest:

SUMMER of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls

or

Girls in Pants: The Third SUMMER of the Sisterhood

or even!

An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global WARMING and What We Can Do About It by Al Gore

(I liked The Long Winter too--to read, not to live. :-)

Tasha said...

You know Charlotte, if you have that much power, I'm going along the lines with Harmony. Some other suggestions...

Garden Spells
The Secret Garden
A Child's Garden of Verses
Garden of Eden

I like summer too, but would really like to experience some spring first... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...