Tuesday, April 06, 2010

this random blog post is brought to you courtesy of a few stolen moments

Eric and Heather are about to start the story time routine. Heather's got two teeth coming in, so she's been a little more moody lately, AND a little more insistent that all three of us need to be present for story time. We'll see how long I end up being able to stay at the computer.

In our kitchen, the dishwasher is humming quietly in the background. This hasn't happened since last summer. Oh, our dishwasher has been working all right, and cleaning our dishes, but humming quietly, not so much.

At three different times in the cycle, it would make this shaking sound--almost like a jackhammer. I shudder to think what kind of remodeling our neighbors thought we were doing every two or three days.

Anyway, we had to have a repairman come over three times since last August, but finally when he came over last week, he was able to hear the problem (fickle machine--the first two times it refused to under-perform when in the presence of someone who could actually do something about the problem.) and tightened a loose valve, and voila! quiet humming instead of heart-stopping shaking.

It's the simple things, you know?

I have to give a shout out to Darrel's Appliance in Benson, Utah. This particular repairman spent the time to come out to our home three different times, but we were only charged for the first time. This in spite of the fact that their invoice clearly states that services are only warrantied for 60 days. By my calendar, mid August to mid April is quite a bit more than 60 days. That's the kind of thing that keeps me trusting in humanity.


Oh-remember the cliffhanger? Well, I was going to inform you all that I'd gone for over two weeks with practically no chocolate or sweets of any kind, which for someone like me is really pretty much a miracle. However, yesterday I completely fell off the wagon and had three brownies in less than an hour.

Sigh.

I've been better today though, and I'm hoping to do better for another several weeks. Eric and I have a deal that if we both make it until June 15, we can have an overnight date in another town, sans her little highness. Of course, if we were being absolutely strict about everything, my little brownie fiasco would have ruined everything. Fortunately, we're "spirit of the law" people, and "make rules up as we go along" people. So, all is not yet lost.

And finally, I signed up on the organ donor registry today. If you'd like to sign up, you can as well. Go to www.donatelife.net, and click on "Commit to Donation".




p.s. I lied. There's one more "and finally". If you live around the Wasatch Front, and want to participate in something enjoyable and help out a great organization at the same time, click on the button below. Kind of fun.
Service Soapbox Baby Shower

2 comments:

Bamamoma said...

Phil signed up to donate his organs (years ago). Nobody wanted them in the end though. He had bad eyes, his lungs were full of cancer, his brain too, his heart gave out (what finally killed him), he had sponge-Bob kidney (ok, sponge something else but I can't remember and so I always called him sponge-Bob Kidney), his skin was full of moles that had to be watched for growths, and his eyes were bad. So, there you go...

It kinda makes me laugh. Is that morbid?

Charlotte said...

I don't think it's morbid. A little "Murphy's Law" perhaps, but not morbid. You might as well laugh--it keeps you from crying!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...