Friday, February 12, 2010

Some Days are Like That

quirky 2-10

It's been a rough few days.


Eric and I have lost our dear friend, my almost-sister Heidi has lost the love of her life, and Heather's friend Eden has lost her daddy.

I know that death is temporary, that families can continue forever, that God watches over all His children, that there is purpose in suffering.

(Heaven knows, I've written a fair amount about all of that here, and I believe it,--no--- I know it, with all of my heart.)

Still, this is rough.

Rough enough that I don't trust myself to write more about it just yet.

Heidi managed to write about it though--with beauty and simplicity and love. You can read that here.

And probably in a little while, I'll have more to say.







3 comments:

Jeri said...

Oh NO! I am so so sorry! I didn't really ever know Heidi - think I met her once or twice was all; but through you I would pop over and read her blog and I had so hoped for a miracle!

so so sorry! my thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Porters said...

That Heidi, she is a rock and an inspiration!! I love her. Sometimes not saying a lot is saying more. I, too, know that this mortal separation is just for a while, and is painful to those of us left behind. I know that Phil was welcomed home with open, loving arms. My peace is knowing she is surrounded by such good and loving friends. Thank you for your friendship. I hope to be able to meet you one day.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS? I am in shock! My body just went....tingly and numb at the same time. I am so sad! Going to tell Chris right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...