Monday, February 08, 2010

My own little Jillian

There will be no pictures of yours truly accompanying this entry. That's because I have no desire to show the world what I look like when I first roll out of bed.

Just in case you were wonderin'

*** *** ***

So, as you might remember, I've been trying to lose weight/get healthy/take better care of my body lately (I'm currently sitting pretty at four pounds down, thanks for asking). I have a feeling this will be a quest I'm on for most of the rest of my life, but at the moment, I'm okay with that.

What you may not remember (because I've actually never told you, so really, you can't remember what you never knew, so that whole first phrase is useless, but I like the "ring" that it has, so I'm leaving it there, inaccuracies notwithstanding) is that for the last three or four months, I've been feeding a borderline obsession with The Biggest Loser. I discovered it (the show, not the obsession) during the middle of last season, and immediately started fighting with Eric for computer time so I could watch all the episodes on-line.

I like to watch the journey of the contestants, and I'm absolutely intrigued by some of the stories and experiences that these people have. And then, of course, there are those helpful hints about Ziploc bags, Brita water filters, and Extra gum that I absolutely could not live without.

*** *** ***

On a related note, you may remember that at times when I need to exersize, instead of going outside, when it's terribly cold, or the air quality is terribly poor, I'll go up and down my stairs and get my blood pumping that way.

What you don't know is that sometimes Heather wakes up earlier than normal.

. . . And, sometimes she wants to get out of her crib before I'm finished with my stairs.

. . . And, sometimes when I get her out of her crib, she's not content to sit on the couch with her bottle while her mother jams out on the staircase.

And so, sometimes, just sometimes (which is more and more turning into most of the time), Heather gets to ride on my back as I go up and down, up and down on our stairs.

She loves it.

Me, not so much. BUT, I figure that working out with a twenty-three pound human backpack can only help me and my new-found spare tire, right?

quirky 2-10

quirky 2-10
Here's hopin'.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the entry and perspective. Among other things I have been doing to lose weight is a dvd by Jillian Michaels: 30 day shred. I highly recommend it. I got it on netflix and then decided to buy it.

ANYWAY for part of one of the workouts (which are only 27 minutes each, totally doable for anyone with kids) you are supposed to do pushups for about a minute. John has decided that it is fun to climb on my back while I try to do them.

Not so fun for me. Fun for him. Now I'll start thinking of him as my own little Jillian!

Kala said...

"Biggest Loser" has been one of my favs for many a season now. I even have 5 of my 6 children watching. (The other one would rather watch "American Idol")
I am still loving your blog and am so happy to get to know you better through it. Keep up the wonderful blogging. =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...