Wednesday, January 20, 2010

maybe I should change "quirky-ness" to "random-ness"

So, last night Eric chanced to look at my blog. The first thing he said was, "Wow, that's a very interesting picture of you."

Yup. I agree. (Last night my pride wouldn't let me agree, but that's another story that I won't share here).

Should I have combed through years and years of photos to find one of me with yarn that was more flattering?

Perhaps, but I think I would have had to gone back to my pre-digital camera shots, which would have meant digging and scanning and remembering how to use software that I almost never use. Frankly, I wasn't up for it.

In other news . . .

I'm trying to lose weight. It's been a half-hearted attempt for awhile, but I'm getting more serious about it. Serious enough that I'm reading Thin For Life again, and I've decided to reward myself a little bit with every pound that I lose, and then bigger rewards at 5 and 10 pounds. If I get to my goal weight (which is nearly twenty pounds away and is a weight I haven't seen in about 5 years, so I'm not holding my breath for that one), I'll get a great big giant reward. So giant I haven't even decided what it is yet. Don't you fret though, I'll come up with something amazing.

Anyway, along this line, I could use your help, if you were so kind as to offer it. Specifically, I could use your opinions as to what are your top five (or two or seventeen) peppy tunes.

See, the little one-pound reward is a new song downloaded to my i-pod shuffle. I only use the shuffle for cleaning and exercising, and a song runs between $1 and $1.50, so I figure that's a pretty good reward. Something I love, something that's cheap and doesn't involve chocolate, something that will keep me motivated, on a few different levels.

I've lost two pounds since I enacted the reward system. Wanna know my reward picks so far? "Sway" by Michael Bouble, and "Say" by John Mayer. (Your reccomendations don't have to start with "S" or rhyme though--Never fear!)

I'm running out of songs on my wish list, and I'd love to get your suggestions. If you're too shy to comment with your real name, you can comment anonymously. If you're too shy to do that, you can e-mail me at the address on the sidebar.

So, how about it? Please?

And last of all . . .

I've been going through my 2009 pictures lately and picking out the 702 mega bytes that are the very best so that I can make one "Best of 2009" picture CD, in addition to the twelve picture CDs that hold each month's photos. I'm toying with the idea of posting one from each month for the next little while. I guess we'll see how long I keep with it, but for now at least, here's one of my favorites from January of 2009.

quirky 1-10
Don't even get me started on how fast that year flew by.







4 comments:

Heather Albee-Scott said...

Charlotte - I am with you on the journey to lose weight, and seriously, the stair stepping workout I got from your blog has been a huge catalyst! To help with my eating, I decided that anything I eat has to be eaten sitting down at the kitchen table (unless it's fruit or veggies) and that has helped a lot too, no more mindless munching down a whole bag of cookies, which I sometimes miss.

Do you have any tips you can share?

Jake said...

Enter Sandman

Charlotte said...

Okay Jake--so I'd never heard of that song, so I had to youtube it to discover that it's not really my thing. Perhaps you'd like to check out the Ester Williams water ballet video again?

Heather--as to tips . . . I've started eating bigger lunches and smaller dinners, and I don't allow myself to eat after 8:00 p.m. So far that's been working pretty well.

Esplin GJ said...

I love some of the fast beat songs from Jon Schmidt. You can go to his web site and listen to all of them. One of my favorite that the kids also like to dance to is "Dumb Song" He also plays "Peanuts" I find that certain songs of his satisfy me the way I want food to satisfy me, but yet when I indulge I never feel satisfied with the food. -- Anyway I think his music is "good and praiseworthy." You can download his music from I-tunes and you can download "All of me" from his website for free.
Becca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...