Sunday, January 17, 2010

importance

quirky 1-10


"We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God's eternal plan."

-(The Proclamation on the Family, 5th paragraph)

It's been awhile since I've done a post on the Proclamation on the Family, and if you've joined us since then, you can go here for a little bit of explanation. Then you can go here and see what I've already written about the first, second, third, and fourth paragraphs.

Done all that? Okay! Back to the post!


There are several different statements I could make or thoughts I could share about this statement. For one, I like knowing that the process of procreation was appointed by God. Rather than going into that though, I want to say a few words about my favorite phrase in this sentence.

"the sanctity of life".

I love thinking about that--the sanctity of life.

I love thinking about babies, born an unborn, and how their lives are sacred.

I love thinking about my life, and the lives of everyone else in the world--and how those lives are sacred.

Knowing that gives me an added incentive to try to do a little better.

And then, knowing that life in general, and my life in specific is important in God's eternal plan?

Well, it gives me hope and makes me feel loved, and cared for, and cared about.

After all, if you had a plan, a really important plan, a plan that you cared a lot about, what would you do with the components of that plan that were critical to the success of that plan?

Would you abandon them? Would you leave them to their own devices and just hope that all would function as it needed to?

I wouldn't.

I would care for them. I would watch over them constantly. I would do all that I could do to ensure that they were supported and loved and had all the help that they needed.

Wouldn't you?



(For more of my writings along this line, click on the label "Family Proclamation" on the sidebar. I've written about the Proclamation on the Family a few times before, and I'm planning to write about it from time to time for the next little while.)


[image found here at wikimedia commons]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...