Monday, November 23, 2009

I thought I might die

quirky 11-09
[image]


Lest you think that life is all joy and rainbows around here . . .


This morning, after enduring an excruciating night of agony and pain, I saw my friendly neighborhood dentist, and spent the following two hours in his chair, enduring a root canal.

A root canal that was so complicated and took so long that I had to receive about four extra shots of anesthetic half-way through the procedure. That's a first for me.

It was awful. It was the worst physical pain I have ever ever ever felt. I'm not kidding. The absolute worst I have ever ever felt in my whole life.

I cried.

I sobbed.

I prayed for relief from the agony.

(All this crying and stuff happened once I got home. Somehow I managed to hold it all together somewhat when I was at the dentist's office.)

I realized (yet again), that I will never make it as a CIA agent or prisoner of war, because there is no way I will ever be able to endure any kind of torture without breaking. Thankfully, as Eric so helpfully pointed out, I've never actually wanted to embark on either of these activities, so having them cut off from me is not really all that big of a deal.

At around 12:27 p.m. about 47 minutes after I took 1,000 miligrams of Lortab, I finally felt a dulling of the pain and spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping and listening to "Little Women" on DVD.

It feels good to be back among the living (even if there is a little bit of lingering loopy-ness).

So, tell me. How was your day?


3 comments:

Jeri said...

better than yours - that's for sure!

Kami Willis said...

Certainly not as eventful as yours. Hope you are feeling better today!

Harmony said...

A gall bladder attack is pretty painful. I've heard kidney stones are bad too. But toothaches are a royal pain! Hope you are feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...