Tuesday, November 03, 2009

halloween musings

I enjoyed Halloween. Heather wasn't all that much into wearing her costume (I only posted the non-crying pictures here), but I forced her into it once more on Halloween afternoon so that we could go trick or treating to two (yes, only two) houses. Once she actually had the costume on, she was mostly okay, so it turned out to be quite fun.

* * *

Upon reflection, I've decided that Eric is better at answering the door for trick-or-treaters than I am. I open the door and I don't know if it's the costumes, or the parents watching from the sidewalk or what, but I get a little antsy. It's like I'm afraid the kids are going to dis the tootsie rolls I'm giving them or something. I quickly throw the candy in the sacks, and send the kids on their way.

Eric on the other hand, opens the door and begins a whole conversation with the group (why does this surprise me?). He first tries to guess what they are, and then if time allows, he'll go into a critique of the finer attributes of each costume. He's confident and easy, and he very much enjoys himself. That's why about 30 minutes into the night, I put Eric in charge of answering the door. More fun for all concerned.

(Of course, there was that one time when Eric complimented the ten-year-old princess on her vampire costume. Not his finest moment. Maybe it's time for another eye appointment. )




And that's what I've got for today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...