Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First Kamryn (gets shafted) and Now Spencer

So, here, over a week late (due to last week's random video theme week, and this week's dental tragedy) we have the Eric birthday report.
quirky 11-09
I made lemon meringue pie. (but not this one)



Prior to our marriage, I had never made a lemon meringue pie. Since our marriage, I have made exactly four. One for each November 16 and as well as each Thanksgiving that we have spent together.

Eric isn't a big cake guy. Oh, he's willing to eat it, but he'd much rather have lemon meringue pie.



quirky 11-09
Interestingly, when I was growing up, my mom would often make pecan pie (but not this one) on March 2 (my father's birthday) rather than birthday cake.

This and other commonalities make me honestly wonder sometimes if I married a reincarnation of my father (not in a weird reverse-gender Oedipus way or anything though). Of course, my father is still alive, so he can't very well be reincarnated, so that theory doesn't really work now, does it?

I like Eric's birthday. Mostly because Eric is very easy to please. I make him a lemon meringue pie, encourage him to take the day off of work, treat him with a little TLC, and throw a few* gifts his way, and he's in seventh heaven. This year carried the added benefit of a lesson-free Family Home Evening of course, so that probably made things even better.

The other reason I like Eric's birthday is that from now until March, I'm only one year ahead of him in age instead of two. Call me vain, but I like that.

And that's pretty much the report.

Aren't you glad you stopped by today?



[pie images can be found here.]

* By "few", I really mean "few". This year's offerings were comprised of:
  1. a toolbox that Eric had already purchased for himself a month ago,
  2. a larger waste paper basket for the man room,
  3. these (that were going to go to Spencer (who is seven) for Christmas if Eric hadn't wanted them)

2 comments:

Jake said...

If you put those on your car Spencer will think you are the coolest people in the whole world. Then he will spend 15 minutes telling you exactly what happened in both movies.

Harmony said...

I know a few "I'd rather have pie for my birthday" people as well--usually pecan pie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...