Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Snippets

Heather says "Thank You" now. She's got it a little mixed up though. It reminds me of when my two-year-old niece (Kaylee) would look up to me with puppy dog eyes, and say, "Hold you?" We both knew very well that she wasn't wanting to hold me.

Whenever Heather hands me something, (which has been happening more and more lately), I'll say "Thank you" to her. So, now, she'll hand me something and before I can open my mouth, she'll say "Dat too", in my "thank you" tone of voice.

Why didn't anyone tell me that would be so fun?

* * *

Sales in the etsy shop have been picking up lately. I attribute part of this to the free publicity I've been getting from various family members, and part of it to a trading event that I participated in recently. (which was SO FUN, and I would tell you more about it, but I'm doing my family Christmas giving in part from things I traded for and I don't want to spoil the surprise. It is only October, after all. Much too soon to be spilling the beans.)

However, I attribute the bulk of the increase to the fact that winter is peeking around the corner. Funny that. I opened a shop in June that sold primarily hats, scarves, sweaters, and blankets, and then I wondered why no one wanted to purchase my items. I mean, aren't you thinking about a nice warm sweater for your child while you're attending your 4th of July Barbecue?

No?

What's wrong with you?

* * *

And otherwise, life is good. Some of my friends and family have already posted about General Conference, what it meant to them, how it helped them. Last year I wrote a whole post about General Conference, including several of my favorite quotes, and explanations of how those quotes helped me. This year I don't feel the need to do that. All the same, I was grateful to be able to listen to wise counsel and feel the comfort of knowing that the right answers are still the right answers. It seemed to me (and to many from what I've read) that the main focus of the Conference this time around was love. Love for our families, love for our neighbors, love for the people we interact with, love for all.

I like that focus. Loving is something that comes fairly easy to me. Showing that love can be a little more difficult, but only a little. So, I have an easy sense of peace and contentment, a feeling that while I continue to have a long way to go, it seems that for now at least, I'm on the right path.

Today, being on the right path is more than enough for me.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Heather is too cute. My youngest used to say "hold you" too. I'd forgotten about that 'til you mentioned your neice. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...