Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thrilled!

Photobucket

Tomorrow I'm singing again.

This time, I'm singing at the baptism of one of my oldest friends.

"Oldest"-meaning that we have been friends for going on 20 years now.

"Oldest" -meaning that (although I've never actually asked her her age--propriety, you know), I think she's probably around 80 or so.

Fun, huh?

Yeah, I'm excited.

Actually, to be honest, I'm a little nervous. The song she requested?


O Divine Redeemer.

Have you ever sung O Divine Redeemer?

I have.

It's kind of hard. And high. And it hangs out for several measures on notes that are right in the little range where my voice changes from the mid-notes to the high-notes.


Gulp!

Actually, back when I was a voice-lesson taking, every-day singing, yoga-doing, abs made of steel-ing, never-been pregnant(ing?) young maiden, I made the rounds of several Cedar City wards with my roommate, singing a duet of O Divine Redeemer. It was great fun, and I felt confident and thrilled to be doing it.

This time, "apprehensive" is probably a more appropriate word to describe my feelings.


But I am absolutely thrilled to the tips of my toes about the baptism.

So thrilled that when my mother called to tell me about it, I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day.

So thrilled that I couldn't restrain myself from telling everyone who crossed my path about it, even though not a single one of them had ever met my friend or had any idea who I was talking about.

So thrilled that every time I think about it, I can't stop myself from grinning and even giggling a little bit.

That's how thrilled I am.


(To read one of my favorite things that this particular friend (Lee) ever wrote, you can click here.)




[picture]

1 comment:

Jeri said...

You will be amazing - like always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...