Sunday, September 27, 2009

same style, different length

Two of my favorite quotes from my friend Lee Hubka:



Don't get old too fast, you're old for a LOOOONG time.
-via letter written to me when I was attending school at Utah State University, around 1995 or 1996


No good is ever lost.
-via letter written to me when I was an LDS missionary serving in Northern California


One of my not-so-favorite quotes from Lee Hubka:


"If I had a daughter who was as active as she is, I wouldn't do anything with my hair either."
-spoken to me about three weeks ago, as Heather and I were visiting with Lee, the morning after I attended (and sang at) her baptism
(I'm absolutely certain that she meant it as a compliment)



In Lee's defense, personal style has always been more important to her than it has been to me, and that fact has never stopped her from loving me with all her heart. Even now, Lee (who is 84 years old and lives in a care center) spends more time on her physical appearance than I do. In fact, she still puts her hair up in curlers every single night.


Be that as it may, a few days after I visited with Lee, I got looking at some pictures of myself, and I decided that if I was going to spend my mornings trying to keep Heather from unrolling all the toilet paper, or putting her hands into the toilet bowl, or falling head first into the empty bathtub, all at the same time that I was trying to make myself presentable and (dare I say) even semi-pretty for the day, I was going to need to do a little bit of simplify-ing in the hair department.

quirky 9-09
So, I did.








ps-if you're (Willis) family, stay tuned. I'm hoping to post pictures of Emily's wedding, along with some details of what a nice experience it all was within the next few days.

3 comments:

Jeri said...

you look lovely!

Harmony said...

Cute do! There is much to be said for being a "low-maintenance" woman!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I love the stick-straight-up ponytail!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...