Friday, September 18, 2009

after

Photobucket
When I picture myself in my mind, I'm prettier than this. I take solace in the knowledge that at least I'm getting my hair cut on Monday.
Oh-and I didn't make these cakes. Camille did. Nice, huh?


I posted a long sentimental entry over at the private Heather blog, full of the intricate details of Heather's birthday, and how I felt about it all, and how wonderful it all was.

I'll spare you that over here, and just post a few pictures, with the statement that it was a great, great day. Thank you all for your good wishes.

(Watching Heather go at her own little birthday cake? Awesome!)

Photobucket
And now we're on to other things. Our ward primary program is on Sunday. Two weeks ago, I gave the kids a big pep talk about practicing and praying, and asked them to do a bunch of both as we prepare for the big day. Then I promptly went out of town the next weekend (to sing at that baptism, you know). So, I guess I'll soon find out how effective my pep talk turned out to be.

I'm not all that worried though. The kids know the songs, and even though they'll get nervous and spend much of their time up there waving an winking at their parents, it will all work out. It always does, you know.

And with that, I leave you. Have a great weekend,



4 comments:

Jeri said...

she is adorable - as always... (and the cake is beautiful)

good luck on the program Sunday - I'm sure it will be great! Our program isn't until November. In some ways - that's great cause, we have still have plenty of time to get those last couple verses down. (jr primary is a bit behind on some of the 3 and 4 verse songs) but in another way it's sure nice to get it over with early and then have a few months to play around and do whatever you want without having the program hanging over your head.

Charlotte said...

Oh yeah--I meant to mention this in the post, but I forgot. I didn't make the cake. (surprised?)

Jenna Marie said...

I definitely don't mind being updated on your cutie! :) Happy birthday to Heather! I always LOVE those first birthday cake photo ops! :)

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

SHE is so big and beautiful. Her eyes are stunning!!!! I always love pictures of one-yr-old with their cake!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...