Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gurgle? Really?

Eric and I just watched Nacho Libre together. It was the first time for both of us.

How have I gone this long without seeing this movie?

I loved it!


On a completely different note, I've opened an etsy shop, and I can imagine myself becoming semi-addicted at some point. What started out as a place to put all my crocheted-but-not-given-away-yet projects is turning out to be more of an interesting hobby, for now at least. I've sold one of my scrap yarn afghans, and traded another one for a bracelet, some note cards, and a little bit of fun that we'll be giving it to Her Little Highness for her birthday next month. Not too shabby.

Anyway, if you're reading this and you're thinking about getting involved with etsy (Jacob and Jeff, feel free to skip this paragraph if you haven't already tuned out), I recommend it. It's pretty easy, and cheap, cheap, cheap. Really. It costs nothing to open a shop, and 20 cents to list an item for six months. Then, when you make a sale, Etsy gets 3.5% (or something like that, I know it's between 3% and 4%) of your sale price. So, it's a pretty good deal, and since it's so economical, it's not as daunting as some other ventures might be.

Of course, sometimes I start reading the member forums about how I need to create a brand identity, and be sure to package my goods right, and market myself, and take professional-looking pictures, and get business cards, and ship internationally, etc., etc., etc., and I get a little stressed out. Then I have to step back and remind myself that this is a spare-time-hobby-do-it-if-I-want-to kind of thing, and I relax.

I know you're all dying to know where you can find my shop. It's at a highly original location, and I'll give you one guess as to the address . . .







And then I'll just go ahead and tell you:



The shop name is "Salutations!" I was originally going to call it "Charlotte's Web", because of the connection with my name and the web of yarn that I spin (I'm killin' me!), but then I decided that there was probably a copyright issue there. So, I got thinking about words that I like, and this was one of them. Even better, there's still a (semi-subtle) tie-in with the whole Charlotte's web theme.


Some of my other favorite words are: taffeta, chrysalis, mocha, persimmon, and gurgle.


Somehow, I think for this purpose, I ended up with the best of the bunch.


And that's what I have for tonight.







6 comments:

Tasha said...

WAY TO GO!!! I love a woman who has such a talent and is willing to step out of the comfort zone and try something new.

Now, can I make a request? I LOVE the hats you make, but don't have babies...maybe some "big girl sizes"? Maybe? My girls love to wear hats....

I'm so excited to follow your progress and hope you have great success - or at least a ton of fun during the process.

Charlotte said...

Tasha,

You've got it. I'll get right to work on "big girl" hats, and let you know when I've got a bunch made.

Actually, that's a brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of it?

deutschlehrer said...

link is not working

Charlotte said...

Thanks. I think it should work now.

deutschlehrer said...

yup. Nice hats

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Wow! You have an etsy shop1!!! Way to go! Your prices are very reasonable and you already have 10 sales!! that's awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...